The next Social Meeting is on April 24th and the next Business Meeting will be on May 8th.
REMINDER – This Saturday, April 15th is the date of the Kingsley Sportsman’s Club Gun Show. Volunteers will be needed to help with Friday night set up for the show, the day of the show and for cleanup. Please call Dean @ 231-632-0968 to volunteer.
The local chapter of Well Armed Women, an organization dedicated to promoting firearms and safety among women, has been meeting at Shooters on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:30 pm. They hope to be back at the KSC range soon. They would be more than happy for any interested KSC ladies to join them. To learn more about the national organization click here Well Armed Women or to contact the local chapter by email click here Grand Traverse Chapter, Well Armed Women.
Saturday, April 29 @ 8:00 am begins the Spring Work Bee for the usual range repair, clean up and improvements. There are many tasks on the to do list and many hands make light work. Please make an effort to join in to help with this event. Here is a list of most of the tasks that need attention. Lunch will be served. This list is also attached as a PDF file.
Day Projects (some may need advance acquisition of material).
– Clean up range pavilion for Hunter Safety.
– Check out clay pigeon thrower for Hunter Safety (install missing part, Dean?).
– Clean up Archery Range (remove fallen tree, repair fence, yard markers?).
– Fix Clubhouse door lock, south side middle door.
– Add shelving in Clubhouse office.
– Add shelving in range hut extension.
– Fill driveway pot holes.
– Add clear panel to range pavilion sliding door.
– Restore Range Sign at top of drive.
– Repaint Range sign by clubhouse (use blue painter tape for stencil?).
– Pavilion painting.
– Clubhouse flag needs attention (raise/repair/replace?).
– Clean out Clubhouse utility closet.
– Clear brush from east slope behind pavilion.
– Haul plastic drum trash to recycle.
– Repair/replace range target stands.
– Assemble more PVC target stands.
– Repair plate racks.
– Repair Texas star.
– Repair steel targets if needed.
– Repair target backstops if needed.
– Tree trimming along road (Chainsaws needed).
Tools needed for the day.
Gloves & hand tools (hammers, rakes, shovels, screw guns, hack saw, razor knifes, etc.).
Portable torch for heating steel.
Longer term/future (need project leaders).
– Move dirt for berm raising at south perimeter (need qualified tractor operator).
– Garage door enlargement (for indoor parking of tractor).
– Diesel cans for tractor (55Gal drum with hand pump?).
– Extend cement pad south of pavilion (gravel? cement?).
– More tree/brush clearing along south perimeter berm.
– Hand rail gate and flag pole move/remove?
– Target storage building at South perimeter behind pavilion.
Contact Rich Core for any questions, etc.
231-883-4535 or email@example.com
Hunters Safety is scheduled for April 29 & 30th with the field day on Sunday the 30th. There will NOT be a fall class so be sure to sign up early for this spring class. Two volunteers are still need, one for pistols and one for muzzleloader. Volunteers need to be at the range not later than 9:00 am. Lunch will be provided. You may see the list of who has volunteered by reviewing the attachment. If you can help please contact Dennis Waineo @ 231.342.3703 or firstname.lastname@example.org
May 20, July 29, September 23 and October 21 are the 2017 dates for the CCW Classes conducted by Ted Hentschel and Dave Wessel, owner of Great Guns in Acme. The class costs $150.00 and starts at 8:00 am and concludes at 5:30 pm. To reserve your spot please call Ted at 231-313-0720.
Firearms for Sale:
Firearms for sale will only be listed in the printed newsletter.
If you have any firearms that you would like to sell send an email with the information on what it is (brand, model, caliber, finish, barrel length, optics, etc.) and I will include it in the next newsletter. Please indicate if you wish to be contacted directly or through the Club’s email.
Reserved/Dedicated Range Activities. The following reserved activities have first right to the use of the range at the designated days/times. If you are at the range at the same time you will need to adjust your activities to accommodate their needs. Club members and the public are welcome to participate in these activities.
Pistol Shooters, every Sunday from noon until 3:00 pm. The first Sunday of the month is CCW day and the last Sunday of the month is .22 day. Sundays in between, shoot what you bring.
4H Shooters, every other Tuesday beginning at 5:30 (April 18, May 2, 16 & 30, June 13 & 27, July 11 & 25, August 8 & 22, September 5 & 19, October 3 & 17). The CPL pistol range will be available.
.22 Silhouette Shooters, every Thursday night from 6:00-8:00 pm. This event is open to all and features off hand shooting at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yard targets. The CPL pistol range will be available during the 22 Shoot.
Range Work Bee, Saturday, April 29, 8:00 am until done.
Gun Shows: Following is a partial list of semi-local upcoming guns shows. If you know of any upcoming gun shows please pass it along for the next newsletter.
April 15, Kingsley Sportsman’s Club, 9:00 – 4:00
April 22 & 23, Grand Rapids @ 28th Street Showplace
April 29 & 30, Gaylord @ The Ellison Place
May 20 &21, Cheboygan @ Cheboygan Ice Arena
May 27 & 28, Harrison @ Clare County Fairgrounds
Click here for the Club Calendar.